24th March 2022
For immediate release.
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus returns to St George’s Church for the Brighton Fringe Festival, presenting the mother of all reality shows – ‘Divas!’. From Garland to Gaga, Kate to Kylie, and Dusty to Dirrty, they celebrate some of the greatest performers who ever lived, and sing some of their greatest songs.
Chorus chairman Nick Ford said:
It’s brilliant to be back with a full Fringe show, doing what we do best, singing end entertaining our fabulous audience! We love performing at St Georges, and it’s great to be back there for our two night extravaganza! Expect to hear some pop classics, a few new numbers and the odd surprise or two!
In a quest to find the brightest star in the firmament of gay icons, the show will see eight divas being put through a series of challenges familiar from much-loved TV shows of the past and present.
GASP as they deliver pop-princess-perfect lip-syncs. THRILL as they fight to the death with breast-padded pugil-sticks. GAG as they brave the horrors of the assault course. Every challenge will be completed live before your very eyes, and you will have the chance to get involved and make the challenges even more fiendishly difficult.
Only one will be left standing. Only one can win the ultimate prize. Only one will be crowned ‘Ultimate Diva’.
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus are pleased to announce that ticket prices have been held at our last full Fringe show in 2019 – £15 & £12 concessions.
EVENT: Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus presents Divas!
VENUE: St. George’s Church, St George’s Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 1ED.
DATES: Friday 6th & Saturday 7th May 2022
TIME: 7.30pm start (Doors 7.00pm)
TICKETS: £12 & £15 from the Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus’ own ticket website (no fees) and via the Brighton Fringe Box Office website, app & phone line (booking fees apply).
MORE INFORMATION and link to booking page: https://www.brightongmc.org/shows/divas/
Photographs for publication:
To download, click on image to view and then right-click to save.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
ABOUT BRIGHTON GAY MEN’S CHORUS
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus was established in January 2005 and has about 100 members. It provides a space where people can celebrate music, enjoy the fellowship of other like-minded people and contribute to the local communities it’s a part of.
The Chorus has three guiding principles, their “Three S’s”:
- Singing – the celebration of life and music through male voice harmonies;
- Socialising – using this activity to develop social bonds that help people to feel connected with a sometimes lonely world; and
- Support – to be there for each other – both collectively and individually – when the chips are down, and to be there for the communities in which the chorus operates, too.
The Chorus is a registered charity, no. 1171020, with 3 key charitable objectives:
- To promote public education by the study, practice and public performance of choral music; and to assist other charitable causes.
- For the public benefit to advance and promote the education of gay and gay-friendly men in Brighton and Hove in the subject of choral music, its study, practice and performance.
- The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit by the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, in particular but not exclusively by raising public awareness of discrimination towards and issues affecting the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community, and in such other ways as are exclusively charitable as the Trustees may from time to time determine.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
PR & Marketing Contact:
PR & Marketing Co-ordinator
Links to this Press Release
Short Link: http://bgmc.me/?p=8253