31st October 2022
For immediate release.
After an incredible year of national and international performances, Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus are ready to dazzle local audiences with their annual Christmas shows.
From festival to festive! Following on from an open-air performance in Barcelona, Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus are back in their home city and ready to make the yuletide gay! In fact, they’re so keen to jingle their bells, this year’s show is entitled “Ding Dong!” With its roots set firmly in the Hollywood Christmas Rom-Com tradition, “Ding Dong!” might just be the first gay Christmas-romantic-comedy-musical-show set in Brighton the world has ever seen!
Mirth and merriment are guaranteed as the chorus pulls out all the stops to perform a mix of Christmas classics and pop party-starters.
Alongside the glamour, glitz and gorgeous harmonies the chorus are known for, this year’s show will also play host to a very special guest. As BrightonGMC Chairperson Vaughan Leyshon explains, “It’s been a busy 12 months and we can all use an extra pair of hands right now. That’s why for our Christmas shows we’ve invited one of “Santa’s little helpers” to stop by and give us some assistance. Mind you, Brighton’s a bit of a culture shock when you’re from The North Pole so we’ll have to see how he gets on!”
A show big on laughs but with a lot of heart is the perfect match for BrightonGMC’s trademark camp, but cultured style says Music Director Dr Joe Paxton, “As a community choir we know it’s important to have fun onstage, but we also work hard to bring out the emotion in whatever we sing. This show really gives us the chance to take the audience on that journey with us – all the way from
Santa’s Workshop to Brighton!”
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus was founded in 2005 and has approximately 100 members. They perform regular sell out shows in the Brighton area, including as part of Brighton Fringe Festival and Pride. As well as their Christmas show, “Ding Dong!”, they will also be performing in the city’s annual World Aids Day concert. Their founding principles are the 3 S’s – Singing, Socialising and Support.
“Ding Dong!” takes place at St George’s Church, Kemptown, Brighton on December 2 nd and 3 rd 2022.
Tickets cost £18 (£13 conc.) and can be purchased from https://tickets.brightongmc.org/
George Holroyd, PR & Marketing Co-Ordinator
Photographs for publication:
To download, click on image to view and then right-click to save.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
ABOUT BRIGHTON GAY MEN’S CHORUS
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus was established in January 2005 and has about 100 members. It provides a space where people can celebrate music, enjoy the fellowship of other like-minded people and contribute to the local communities it’s a part of.
The Chorus has three guiding principles, their “Three S’s”:
- Singing – the celebration of life and music through male voice harmonies;
- Socialising – using this activity to develop social bonds that help people to feel connected with a sometimes lonely world; and
- Support – to be there for each other – both collectively and individually – when the chips are down, and to be there for the communities in which the chorus operates, too.
The Chorus is a registered charity, no. 1171020, with 3 key charitable objectives:
- To promote public education by the study, practice and public performance of choral music; and to assist other charitable causes.
- For the public benefit to advance and promote the education of gay and gay-friendly men in Brighton and Hove in the subject of choral music, its study, practice and performance.
- The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit by the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, in particular but not exclusively by raising public awareness of discrimination towards and issues affecting the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community, and in such other ways as are exclusively charitable as the Trustees may from time to time determine.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
PR & Marketing Contacts
PR & Marketing Co-ordinator
Links to this Press Release
Short Link: http://bgmc.me/?p=8505