14th May 2021
For immediate release.
With more than 500 days having elapsed since their last public performance, Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus is pleased to announce that, although they are not quite ready to break their silence just yet due to not being able to rehearse together in person, they will be participating in the Brighton Fringe Festival with a new show entitled The Boys From The Chorus. In a departure from their usual format, this production will showcase a selection of solos and duets performed by individual Chorus members under the direction of Chorus Director Joe Paxton. The programme promises to be a celebratory mix of uplifting and poignant anthems, feel-good classics and some touching reminders of the last 18 months, presented in the beautiful surroundings of St. Nicholas’ Church, Brighton.
The Boys from the Chorus will give a 4pm matinee and 8pm evening performance of approximately one hour on Saturday 26th June 2021 at St Nicholas’ Church, Brighton. Capacity is limited due to the social distancing requirements in force at the time of planning, so it is advised to book early. Tickets are £10 each from the Brighton Fringe Box Office or via the link on the Chorus website: https://www.brightongmc.org/campaign/the-boys-facebook/
BrightonGMC’s Chair, Nick Ford, commented, ‘Following the longest break in our 16 year history, BrightonGMC is delighted to be back performing in public. We can’t all return to the stage together just yet, and our audience numbers may be restricted, but we’re hopeful that this stripped back performance signposts the return to more normal times. During the extended lockdown period a strong community spirit has kept BrightonGMC alive and well, and we can’t wait to return to St. Nicholas to share our joy of singing.’
FULL TITLE: Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus Presents The Boys From the Chorus
VENUE: St. Nicholas’ Church, Church St, Brighton BN1 3LJ
DATE: Saturday 26th June 2021
TIME: 4pm and 8pm
TICKETS: £10 from Brighton Fringe Box Office (see www.brightongmc.org for link)
Photographs for publication:
To download, click on image to view and then right-click to save.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
ABOUT BRIGHTON GAY MEN’S CHORUS
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus was established in January 2005 and has about 100 members. It provides a space where people can celebrate music, enjoy the fellowship of other like-minded people and contribute to the local communities it’s a part of.
The Chorus has three guiding principles, their “Three S’s”:
- Singing – the celebration of life and music through male voice harmonies;
- Socialising – using this activity to develop social bonds that help people to feel connected with a sometimes lonely world; and
- Support – to be there for each other – both collectively and individually – when the chips are down, and to be there for the communities in which the chorus operates, too.
The Chorus is a registered charity, no. 1171020, with 3 key charitable objectives:
- To promote public education by the study, practice and public performance of choral music; and to assist other charitable causes.
- For the public benefit to advance and promote the education of gay and gay-friendly men in Brighton and Hove in the subject of choral music, its study, practice and performance.
- The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit by the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, in particular but not exclusively by raising public awareness of discrimination towards and issues affecting the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community, and in such other ways as are exclusively charitable as the trustees may from time to time determine.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
PR & Marketing Contacts
m: 07866 708 160
Links to this Press Release
Short Link: http://bgmc.me/?p=7757