16th November 2017
For immediate release.
The festive season is almost upon us, and Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus (BrightonGMC) is hoping that you will join them for a magical evening that will have you Dreaming of Christmas.
For one night only, on Friday 15th December, the All Saints Church in Hove will provide the perfect setting to transport the audience into an enchanting and joyful festive atmosphere. The venue offers the perfect acoustic for the unique and exclusive arrangements of scores like Coventry Carol, White Christmas, The Lamb, Miserere Mei Dei and Le Cantique De Jean Racine. Under the masterful direction of Artistic Director Marc Yarrow, the Chorus will entertain with inspiring and exciting arrangements for songs by George Michael, Kelly Clarkson, Kate Bush, Kylie Minogue and John Lennon.
BrightonGMC is excited to be joined on stage by Lucy Bundy, aka Fake Bush. With her pitch-perfect falsetto, Lucy’s tribute act brings to life the classic, twisted, pop hits of one of the UK’s most enduring and individual songwriters, Kate Bush.
With every production, BrightonGMC chooses a charity to support. In celebration of Cath Prenton, a long-standing Chorus Angel, winning her battle against cancer, Dreaming of Christmas will help raise funds in support of Macmillan Cancer Support. This great charity is a vital source of support, from the moment of diagnosis right through treatment and beyond, giving the energy and inspiration to help people affected by cancer to feel more like themselves.
Vaughan Leyshon, BrightonGMC’s chairman, said:
The Chorus is fortunate to be supported by many volunteers, who we affectionately refer to as our Chorus Angels, and Cath has been a formidable supporter for many years. From designing and building sets for some of our bigger shows, to being instrumental in the Chorus winning Brighton Pride Best Float multiple times, Cath has been there for us. With Dreaming of Christmas, we are supporting Macmillan as a thank you for looking after our wonderful friend.
VENUE: All Saints Church, The Drive, Hove BN3 3QE
DATE: Friday 15th December 2017
TIME: 7.30pm (doors open 7pm)
TICKETS: £15 (£12 concessions). Tickets are available online at tickets.brightongmc.org and from Prowler in St James Street, Brighton.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
ABOUT BRIGHTON GAY MEN’S CHORUS
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus was established in January 2005 and has about 100 members. It provides a space where people can celebrate music, enjoy the fellowship of other like-minded people and contribute to the local communities it’s a part of.
The Chorus has three guiding principles, the “Three S’s”:
- Singing – the celebration of life and music through male vocal harmonies;
- Socialising – to develop social bonds that help people to feel connected with a sometimes lonely world;
- Support – to be there for each other, both collectively and individually, and for the communities in which the chorus operates.
The Chorus is also a registered charity, no. 1171020, with 3 key charitable objectives:
- To promote public education by the study, practice and public performance of choral music; and to assist other charitable causes.
- For the public benefit to advance and promote the education of gay and gay-friendly men in Brighton and Hove in the subject of choral music, its study, practice and performance.
- The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit by the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, in particular but not exclusively by raising public awareness of discrimination towards and issues affecting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community, and in such other ways as are exclusively charitable as the trustees may from time to time determine.
PR & Marketing Contacts
m: 07904 210 192
Latest news, press releases and images are available in the Press Office section of the Chorus website www.brightongmc.org.