17th August 2017
For immediate release.
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus (BrightonGMC) is holding a New Members’ Evening at 7:30 pm on Tuesday 12th September 2017 at their rehearsal space in the Brighton Unitarian Church in New Road, in the centre of Brighton.
There is no audition, and membership is open to anyone who self-identifies as male and is LGBTQ-friendly.
The Chorus has three seasons every year, each culminating in sell-out performances. New members who join this season will have the chance to perform in our magical Christmas show on Friday 15th December.
The Chorus is fortunate to have a multi-award winning music team headed by Music Director Marc Yarrow, Deputy Musical Director and accompanist Tim Nail and Assistant Music Director Joe Paxton. Their musical arrangements are unique to BrightonGMC and are as eclectic as their members.
Musical repertoire includes songs from legends such as Michael Jackson, Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Gloria Gaynor, David Bowie, Annie Lennox, Whitney Houston and Kate Bush, as well as more contemporary entertainers like Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars and Coldplay. The Chorus also tackles classical works by Bizet, Fauré and Beethoven. There is something for everyone.
The New Members’ Evening will comprise a short rehearsal, as a ‘taster’ of how the Chorus works, followed by an opportunity to socialise with members over tea and cakes. For some people, joining a well-established group like BrightonGMC might seem a daunting prospect, but everyone can be assured of a warm welcome from the five-time winners of Brighton & Hove’s Golden Handbag award for Favourite Music Group and Social Network Group. New members that have no musical background will feel at ease knowing that half the Chorus doesn’t read music; they will be looked after by a buddy-system throughout their first season, and they will become part of the BrightonGMC family in no time.
At its heart BrightonGMC is a community chorus – new members are always welcome, and there is no obligation to join. If you can’t come along to the New Members’ Evening on the 12th September, you are welcome to attend any of their Tuesday evening rehearsals, just contact their Membership Coordinator Chris Wellings at firstname.lastname@example.org to join at later date.
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus is a space where people can celebrate music and enjoy the fellowship of other like-minded people and contribute to the local communities of which it is a part.
EVENT: Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus New Members’ Evening
VENUE: Brighton Unitarian Church, New Road, Brighton BN1 1UF
DATE: Tuesday 12th September 2017
TIME: 7.30pm until 10pm
CONTACT: Chris Wellings – email@example.com
NOTES FOR EDITORS
ABOUT BRIGHTON GAY MEN’S CHORUS
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus was established in January 2005 and has about 100 members. It provides a space where people can celebrate music, enjoy the fellowship of other like-minded people and contribute to the local communities it’s a part of.
The Chorus has three guiding principles, their “Three S’s”:
- Singing – the celebration of life and music through male voice harmonies;
- Socialising – using this activity to develop social bonds that help people to feel connected with a sometimes lonely world; and
- Support – to be there for each other – both collectively and individually – when the chips are down, and to be there for the communities in which the chorus operates, too.
The Chorus is a registered charity, no. 1171020, with 3 key charitable objectives:
- To promote public education by the study, practice and public performance of choral music; and to assist other charitable causes.
- For the public benefit to advance and promote the education of gay and gay-friendly men in Brighton and Hove in the subject of choral music, its study, practice and performance.
- The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit by the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, in particular but not exclusively by raising public awareness of discrimination towards and issues affecting the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community, and in such other ways as are exclusively charitable as the Trustees may from time to time determine.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
PR & Marketing Contact:
PR & Marketing Co-ordinator
- Hand In Hand LGBT Choir Festival 18th – 20th August 2017 • Manchester
- Christmas Show Friday 15th December • All Saints Church • Hove
PR & Marketing Contacts
m: 07904 210 192
Links to this Press Release
Short Link: http://bgmc.me/?p=2297