15th May 2018
For immediate release.
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus is delighted to be supporting the crowdfunding campaign to help save and restore the Art Deco building at Saltdean Lido, the only Grade 2 Star listed building in the U.K.
The #lovesaltdeanlido campaign was launched recently with this purpose in mind. The intention is to raise £100k from supporters which is needed to unlock a further £4.2m from the Heritage Lottery Fund. Brighton & Hove Council has also pledged £700k to this second phase of the Lido restoration project.
Deryck Chester, Volunteer Director for Saltdean Lido Community Interest Company, said:
It really means a lot to the campaign to have the public support of organisations such as the Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus. We are developing great momentum with the campaign and support like this really helps boost morale and spread the word. Thank you to all!
We need to show the Lottery there is public support for the campaign by raising £100k from donations. People need to pledge by the time the Lottery meet to make a decision in the first week in June. And don’t worry – money won’t come out of their accounts until the project has been given the green light.
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus member Adam Betteridge added
I’m really excited by the bid to restore the rest of Saltdean Lido building. A number of the Chorus members and supporters live in the Saltdean area, and I for one took great pleasure in using the outdoor heated swimming pool after it was reopened last Summer.
You can get further info and pledge to support the crowdfunding campaign by following the link on the Saltdean Lido CIC website: saltdeanlido.org
Photographs for publication:
To download, click on image to view and then right-click to save.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
ABOUT BRIGHTON GAY MEN’S CHORUS
Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus was established in January 2005 and has about 100 members. It provides a space where people can celebrate music, enjoy the fellowship of other like-minded people and contribute to the local communities it’s a part of.
The Chorus has three guiding principles, their “Three S’s”:
- Singing – the celebration of life and music through male voice harmonies;
- Socialising – using this activity to develop social bonds that help people to feel connected with a sometimes lonely world; and
- Support – to be there for each other – both collectively and individually – when the chips are down, and to be there for the communities in which the chorus operates, too.
The Chorus is a registered charity, no. 1171020, with 3 key charitable objectives:
- To promote public education by the study, practice and public performance of choral music; and to assist other charitable causes.
- For the public benefit to advance and promote the education of gay and gay-friendly men in Brighton and Hove in the subject of choral music, its study, practice and performance.
- The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit by the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, in particular but not exclusively by raising public awareness of discrimination towards and issues affecting the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community, and in such other ways as are exclusively charitable as the Trustees may from time to time determine.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
PR & Marketing Contact:
PR & Marketing Co-ordinator
Links to this Press Release
Short Link: http://bgmc.me/?p=4144